Patrol Presence within the Fifth Police District.

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      The Fifth Police District works extremely hard in the delivery of professional police services on every call, every tour of duty, each day. We scrutinize and analyze call response times, crimes and crime conditions and arrests. We work with our DC Government partners in ensuring trash is picked up, street lights are burning, school safety and security is provided, after school activities are attended and cross walks are handled. We are following up with our seniors in our community ensuring their safety, and monitoring daily over a dozen list serves and other social media sites ensuring we are on task and aware of emerging issues and events important to those we serve. We provide relentless follow up sex offenders, persons in our community on conditions of release, those on probation and parole as well as those that are released back into the community daily. We work closely with our law enforcements partners here in the District and in the region focusing on Robberies, crimes of violence, property crimes, Human Trafficking and narcotics. We also staff demonstrations, special events, and like this weekend, a Presidential Inauguration. With all that said, our police presence with heightened over the Month of December 2012, with established foot patrol beats consisting of 3 MPD members in nine (9) business corridors. We patrol alleys, parking lots and our surface streets with our blue overhead lights visible to increase visibility and provide better access to our Officers. Even in cold, dark and in climate weather, we still have officers out on both bicycle and Segway's. We will share your visibility concerns with all our Officials and continue to try to exceed your expectations. We also are very aware that the badge worn by each member of the Metropolitan Police Department does not belong to the Officer wearing it. It belongs to you, the citizens we serve.

      Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
      Learn how you can give back and get involved at www.serve.dc.gov.
      For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov.