FW: INFORMATION FOR THE PUBLIC - 2013 INAUGURATION
- Good Tips from the US Park Police
1. Parents should ensure that young children have an information card on their person (preferred in their pocket) that includes the following:
- Their name, address, date of birth and age
- Parent and/or guardian name
- Cell phone numbers for Parent and/or guardian attending
- Name and phone number for an OFF SITE BUT LOCAL family member (as cell phone service is expected to be lost in the downtown area from time to time)
- Medical issues or concerns
2. Same for diminished capacity adults and diminished capacity elderly persons (i.e. those that would be deemed critical missing persons if lost)
3. Persons escorting these children and adults should utilize their cameras and/or smart devices to take (and have available) 2 digital photos. 1st photo being a front facial shot for clear identification and 2nd being a head to toe shot for clear clothing description.
4. Those on medication should have their medication on their person (i.e. asthmatic children should be in possession of their inhaler. USPP WILL NOT ADMINISTER ANY MEDICATION, but medical services personnel will be in the area.)
Sergeant Paul Brooks
Public Information Officer
United States Park Police
1100 Ohio Drive, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20242
Office (202) 619-7163
Mobile (202) 556-9181
Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
Learn how you can give back and get involved at www.serve.dc.gov.
For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov.