Re: [MPD-5D] need for more aggressive parking enforcement

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 17, 2013
      The concern was forwarded over to Mr Howland, the Director of DPW.  He assured me his parking enforcement officers would also assist with these concerns.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Jan 16, 2013, at 11:06 PM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

      We encourage you to call 911 if you need police assistance.  I will forward your concerns to our partners at DPW as well as ensure our officers patrol this area and assist with enforcement.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Jan 16, 2013, at 9:57 PM, "Matt Studer" <studermw@...> wrote:

      Randy,

      I checked the DPW Parking enforcement website, and they only list their office contact info and phone number (M-F hours). I'm happy to try to use 311 if that is still an option for non-emergency calls. Also, I have been told in the past that we should use 911 even if it's a non-emergency on weekends to have police come and enforce parking regulations. Is this true? I want to try to get this resolved with a minimum of frustration to our police...

      Matt

      Thank you for the update. We will monitor the traffic in the area. Additionally, please remember that the Department of Public Works does have a parking enforcement division that is specifically responsible for addressing parking issues. Perhaps a call to the non-emergency telephone number may work more efficiently than the app.

          --
          That ain't working, that's the way you do it.
        • crknightdc
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 18, 2013
            There is an empty lot on the corner of 1st and O St NW that has become a parking lot for the Dunbar construction people.

            Is it legal to have at least 8 cars each morning parked in an empty lot? There is no curb cut so they have to drive over the sidewalk and curb.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" wrote:

            > The concern was forwarded over to Mr Howland, the Director of DPW. He assured me his parking enforcement officers would also assist with these concerns.
            >
            > Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
            > Fifth District Station
            > Metropolitan Police Department
            > 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
            > Washington, DC 20002
            > 202-391-6862 (cell)
            > 202-698-0150 (station)
            >

            > On Jan 16, 2013, at 11:06 PM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" > wrote:
            >
            > We encourage you to call 911 if you need police assistance. I will forward your concerns to our partners at DPW as well as ensure our officers patrol this area and assist with enforcement.
            >
            > Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
            > Fifth District Station
            > Metropolitan Police Department
            > 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
            > Washington, DC 20002
            > 202-391-6862 (cell)
            > 202-698-0150 (station)
            >

            > Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
            > Learn how you can give back and get involved at www.serve.dc.gov .
            > For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov .

          • Wendy Lewis
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 18, 2013
              As a construction worker I ask...WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO PARK WHILE THEY(we) WORK!?????

              On Jan 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, "crknightdc" wrote:

> [...]

                  Matt Studer

                  Learn more at
                  www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!

                  Honor the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
                  Learn how you can give back and get involved at
                  www.serve.dc.gov.

                  For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov.

                  Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.

                  Learn how you can give back and get involved at

                • Griffin, Randy (MPD)

                      There is an empty lot on the corner of 1st and O St NW that has become a parking lot for the Dunbar construction people.

                      Is it legal to have at least 8 cars each morning parked in an empty lot? There is no curb cut so they have to drive over the sidewalk and curb.

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, " Kane, Morgan (MPD)" wrote:

                      > The concern was forwarded over to Mr Howland, the Director of DPW. He
                      assured me his parking enforcement officers would also assist with these concerns.

                      > Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
                      > Fifth District Station
                      > Metropolitan Police Department
                      > 1805 Bladensburg Road,
                      NE
                      > Washington ,
                      w:st="on">DC 20002
                      > 202-391-6862 (cell)
                      > 202-698-0150 (station)
                      >

                      > On Jan 16, 2013, at 11:06 PM, " Kane, Morgan
                      (MPD)" > wrote:

                      > We encourage you to call 911 if you need police assistance. I will forward
                      your concerns to our partners at DPW as well as ensure our officers patrol this area and assist with enforcement.

                      > Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
                      > Fifth District Station
                      > Metropolitan Police Department
                      > 1805 Bladensburg Road,