Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Intersection of New York ave / Florida ave NE

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2013
      We do conduct enforcement, but as you might imagine, when we start to pull cars over it often creates a larger traffic congestion issue. I still think re-engineering may be a more comprehensive solution.

      Andy Solberg

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 14, 2013, at 1:55 PM, "Roberta Downing" <robertadowning@...> wrote:

      Could MPD direct traffic at that intersection at peak times or can traffic cameras be installed? Or can MPD make an effort to start issuing tickets to people who block the intersection? I walk with my four-year-old every day through that intersection and it is very scary - because the intersection is consistently jammed from cars are blocking the flow of traffic, motorists start driving fast and angry, honking their horns. There is no sense that there will be consequences for irresponsible driving there and it is clearly unsafe. A pedestrian will be hit at some point if the intersection is not managed better.

      Learn more at
      www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!