1.9.13 Second Arrest Homicide 1900 Blk Bennett Pl., NE Tyrell Fogle

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013

      Contact: Paul Metcalf (202) 727-4383

      January 9, 2013

      Second Arrest Made in the Homicide of Tyrell Fogle

      (Washington, DC) - Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Detectives announced that a second arrest has been made in the fatal shooting of a man that occurred in the 1900 block of Bennett Place, NE.

      On Monday, August 29, 2011, at approximately 10:34 p.m., a unit from the Fifth District, while on a radio assignment in the 1900 block of Bennett Place, NE, heard the sounds of gunshots.  The officers further observed a subject being chased and shot at by a masked suspect with a gun.  The victim who was shot multiple times collapsed in the 1900 block of Bennett Place, NE.  The officers chased the armed suspect and arrested the suspect in the 700 block of 21st Street, NE.  DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel responded to the scene and transported the victim to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.

      The decedent has been identified as 17- year-old Tyrell Fogle of Northeast, DC.

      Members of the Homicide Branch subsequently charged an adult male with First Degree Murder While Armed.

      On Wednesday, January 9, 2013, personnel from the United States Marshals Service arrested 20 year-old Delrico Shuford of Southeast, Washington, DC, charging him with First Degree Murder While Armed and Conspiracy in connection with the fatal shooting of 17 year-old Tyrell Fogle.

      Learn more at
      www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!

    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
        I am pleased to hear about the second arrest and closure of this case. My constituents deserve to be unfettered by random neighborhood violence. We must send a message to perpetrators of crime that we will not tolerate any of it. I know there are Bennett Place residents on this listserv and I encourage them to come forward and write community impact statements when the time comes.

        Thanks MPD and concerned citizen witnesses.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        From: "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:48:51 -0500