National Drunk Driving Campaign

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2012
      The national campaign "Drive Sober or get Pulled Over" starts today. What are the plans to implement this campaign in our neighborhoods?

      Kathy Henderson
    • Pope, Alexander (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2012
        Metropolitan Police Department has an aggressive Impaired Driver Enforcement program going on throughout the entire year. We have many patrol Officers with specialized training to detect and deter motorist from operating a vehicle while impaired. In addition, during campaigns like the "Drive Sober or get Pulled Over," we deploy Officers throughout the city on saturation patrols and sobriety checkpoints. In fact, we have these operations ongoing this weekend and many other nights.

        Moreover, we are continually training new and seasoned Officers on the skills to detect and deter these impaired drivers to make our city safer. These combined efforts facilitate us in keeping our streets safe for other motorist, pedestrians, and bicyclists.

        Lastly, if you see a motorist that appears to be operating impaired or aggressively driving, please call 911 and we will investigate the matter.

        Please be safe, drive sober, and have a blessed Holiday.

        Sergeant Alex Pope, III
        Metropolitan Police Department
        Traffic Safety & Specialized Enforcement Branch
        202-698-0240
        202-905-5463 cell

        "Don't Drink and Drive" and "Click It, or Ticket"

        Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov. One City, Working Together!
      • Pope, Alexander (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2012
          Metropolitan Police Department has an aggressive Impaired Driver Enforcement program going on throughout the entire year. We have many patrol Officers with specialized training to detect and deter motorists from operating a vehicle while impaired. In addition, during campaigns like the "Drive Sober or get Pulled Over," we deploy Officers throughout the city on saturation patrols and sobriety checkpoints. In fact, we have these operations ongoing this weekend and many other nights.

          Moreover, we are continually training new and seasoned Officers on the skills to detect and deter these impaired drivers to make our city safer. These combined efforts facilitate us in keeping our streets safe for other motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.

          Lastly, if you see a motorist that appears to be operating impaired or aggressively driving, please call 911 and we will investigate the matter.

          Please be safe, drive sober, and have a blessed Holiday.

          Sergeant Alex Pope, III
          Metropolitan Police Department
          Traffic Safety & Specialized Enforcement Branch
          202-698-0240
          202-905-5463 cell

            Stop Impaired Driving
          "Don't Drink and Drive" and "Click It, or Ticket"

          Learn more at
          www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!

        • alpopeiii
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2012

          • khenderson029@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2012
              Thank you Sergeant Pope for your reply. My question was more neighborhood specific. We would appreciate seeing sobriety checkpoints in Carver Terrace and Trinidad to help maintain order.

              Kathy Henderson