RE: [MPD-5D] Attempted car robbery in Home Depot parking lot.

  • Tom Usselman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
      Hi,

      This question is for Lt. <mailto:anthony.medoro@...> Anthony Medoro and
      the officers of PSA 505.

      I received an email from a resident about a robbery attempt yesterday.
      According to the resident they were at Home Depot and witnessed a man
      re-entering the store calling for the police. She indicated that he we
      saying that someone tried to steal his car and rob him.

      So the question is:

      Are these cases related? I'm guessing not because the complaint date below
      is the 18th and yesterday was the 19th. She also said it was about 6:30 pm.

      Do you have any suspects or have any arrests been made?

      Has Home Depot been in contact with MPD?

      Thanks for your help,

      Tom Usselman

      Fifth District Citizens Advisory Council

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
        Unfortunately, I don't think this is an isolated incident. I urge everyone
        to be vigilant in the Giant and Home Depot parking lot. In April I was
        mugged in the early evening (it was still light out) on the pedestrian ramp
        on the Brentwood side of the Home Depot. With all the security cameras in
        the lot you think they would have caught it all on tape, but when the police
        pulled the tapes they didn't see anything. Additionally, when I commented
        to Giant representatives about what happened they told me I would be
        surprised by how often things like this take place. If, as I suspect,
        incidents such as these are continually occurring I would hope that Home
        Depot and Giant would work to address the problem. As a community we should
        encourage them to do so.

        Tara Ballesteros

      • Medoro, Anthony (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2006