FW: 12.7.12 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
Contact: Gwendolyn Crump 202-727-4383
December 7, 2012
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
· Wednesday, December 5, 2012, at approximately 3:38 pm, a complainant was in the 500 block of W Street, NW when a suspect approached him from behind and snatched his cell phone. A juvenile male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- On Saturday, December 1, 2012, at approximately 3:50 am, a complainant reports that he was at an establishment in the unit block of New York Avenue, NE when he was approached by a gunman and a group of other suspects who took the victim’s property. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun).
· Saturday, December 1, 2012, at approximately 8:08 pm, a complainant delivered a pizza in the 300 block of 53rd Street, NE. A suspect snatched the pizza. An adult male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012, at approximately 4:25 pm, two females were in the 4000 block of Grant Street, NE when a gunman exited a vehicle and demanded their property. Also on Wednesday, at approximately 7:27 pm, a complainant was in the 4400 block of A Street, SE when a gunman in a vehicle approached him, announced a robbery and took his wallet. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun) in connection with these offenses.
· Tuesday, December 4, 2012, a complainant was in the 3000 block of 30th Street, SE at approximately 1:50 am, when two suspects approached him, punched him in the face and stabbed him. The suspects took U.S. currency from the victim. An adult male and an adult female were arrested for Robbery while Armed (Knife).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.