RE: [MPD-5D] Attempted car robbery in Home Depot parking lot.

  • Tom Usselman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
      Hi,

      This question is for Lt. <mailto:anthony.medoro@...> Anthony Medoro and
      the officers of PSA 505.

      I received an email from a resident about a robbery attempt yesterday.
      According to the resident they were at Home Depot and witnessed a man
      re-entering the store calling for the police. She indicated that he we
      saying that someone tried to steal his car and rob him.

      So the question is:

      Are these cases related? I'm guessing not because the complaint date below
      is the 18th and yesterday was the 19th. She also said it was about 6:30 pm.

      Do you have any suspects or have any arrests been made?

      Has Home Depot been in contact with MPD?

      Thanks for your help,

      Tom Usselman

      Fifth District Citizens Advisory Council

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
        I agree with you, Tom. A couple of months ago, I was at the Giant parking lot, late in the evening, and noticed some unusual and unsafe activity going on. I attempted to request assistance from the off duty officer (who wears his uniform while performing his off duty assignment) for assistance but he was of no help and stayed in his "office" in Giant. Due to this, I contacted 311 and received assistance within a few minutes. Anyways, I filed a complaint online with Giant and have received feedback from them. So, also, I would suggest filing written complaints.
        Hope this helps,
        Erin
        10th

      • Tara Ballesteros
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
          Unfortunately, I don't think this is an isolated incident. I urge everyone
          to be vigilant in the Giant and Home Depot parking lot. In April I was
          mugged in the early evening (it was still light out) on the pedestrian ramp
          on the Brentwood side of the Home Depot. With all the security cameras in
          the lot you think they would have caught it all on tape, but when the police
          pulled the tapes they didn't see anything. Additionally, when I commented
          to Giant representatives about what happened they told me I would be
          surprised by how often things like this take place. If, as I suspect,
          incidents such as these are continually occurring I would hope that Home
          Depot and Giant would work to address the problem. As a community we should
          encourage them to do so.

          Tara Ballesteros

        • Medoro, Anthony (MPD)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2006