FW: DDOT Traffic Advisory: Street Closures for The National Christmas Tree Lighting and The Jingle All the Way 8K Race
Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Transportation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Tisha Gant (MPD) – 202-727-4383, tisha.washington@...
Monica Hernandez – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...
Street Closures for The National Christmas Tree Lighting and
The Jingle All the Way 8K Race
(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information associated with the National Christmas Tree Lighting and Jingle All the Way 8K Race. In conjunction with these events, there will be several street closures and parking restrictions that motorists should take into consideration.
2012 National Christmas Tree Lighting
On Thursday, December 6, 2012, the ceremony for the Lighting of the National Christmas Tree is scheduled to take place from 4:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the Ellipse near the White House.
- Begining at approximately 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2012, through the completion of the ceremonies there will be no northbound or southbound traffic allowed on the following streets:
- 15th Street, NW, between E Street/ Pennsylvania Avenue and Constitution Avenue, NW.
· 17th Street, NW, between Constitution Avenue and New York Avenue, NW.
Jingle All The Way 8K Race
On Sunday, December 9, 2012, the Jingle All The Way 8K Race will take place in the District of Columbia from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The following streets will be closed from 4:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.:
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Constitution Avenue, NW
- East on Constitution Avenue, NW to Louisiana Avenue, NW
- Northeast on Louisiana Avenue, NW to D Street, NW
- East on D Street, NW to Delaware Avenue, NE
- North on First Street, NE to Columbus Circle, NE
- U-Turn at Columbus Circle, NE
- South on First Street, NE to parking lot
- U-Turn at the parking lot
- North on First Street, NE to D Street, NE
- West on D Street to 3rd Street, NW
- South on 3rd Street, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- East on Independence Avenue, SW to Washington Avenue, SW
- Southeast on Washington Avenue, SW to 2nd Street, SW
- South on 2nd Street, SW to E Street, SW
- West on E Street, SW to 3rd Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street, SW to Independence Avenue, SW
- West on Independence Avenue, SW to 7th Street, SW
- U-Turn prior to 7th Street, SW
- East on Independence Avenue, SW to 3rd Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- West on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to 12th Street, NW (event will disband at this location)
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with this event, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend this event are encouraged to use public transportation.
Please visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District