2012 BACA Holiday Reception and Meeting

  • Geovani A Bonilla
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012

      Bates Area Civic Association

      2012 Holiday Party and Reception

      You are cordially invited to join neighbors and Friends as we celebrate our neighborhood’s accomplishments in 2012.

      Monday, December 3

      7:00pm

      Mt. Sinai Baptist Church

      3rd and Q St NW

      Be entered to win great prizes with your paid 2013 Membership.

      BACA Membership is $20 and Your Donation Supports:

      Movies At the Park, Neighborhood Clean Up/Beautification Projects, Community Website and other neighborhood programs.

      On the web, www.BatesAreaCivicAssociation.org

      On Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/bacadc/

      The Bates Area Civic Association, Inc. is a community non-profit organization representing the residents of the community within the boundaries of N. Capitol ST in the east, New Jersey Avenue in the west, Florida Avenue in the north and P ST NW . The Bates Area Civic Association serves as a liaison between the residents, ANC, City Council and District of Columbia Government on quality of life issues including: economic development, public safety, and human development.

                The Bates Area Civic Association (BACA) meets monthly to discuss key community issues, address concerns and brings those concerns forward for resolution to the Area Neighborhood Commission (ANC), City Council and other key government agencies. BACA helps community members organize to work with MPD to address public safety issues, to coordinate neighborhood clean ups and beautification and DDOT to address parking and traffic concerns. BACA, the Friends of the Florida Avenue Park Committee also organizes events at the newly renovated Florida Avenue Park and works with DPR on maintenance issues. Social gatherings and fund raisers are organized throughout the year to promote the growth and development of our neighborhood.  BACA partners, supports and promotes local businesses that are essential to the economic growth needed in our community.

      Geovani A. Bonilla

      Bates Area Civic Association

      89 P ST NW

      Email: gbonilla@...