FW: 11.23.12 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
Contact: Gwendolyn Crump 202-727-4383
November 23, 2012
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Monday, November 19, 2012, at approximately 11:15 pm, a complainant was at 6th and H Streets, NE, when a suspect knocked him to the ground, took his bike, and fled. An adult male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Saturday, November 17, 2012, at approximately 11:20 pm, a complainant was in the 2400 block of Ontario Road, NW, when a suspect approached her from behind and attempted to take her phone. A struggle ensued, causing the complainant to suffer a minor laceration to her hand. The suspect fled and was apprehended a few blocks away. An adult male suspect was arrested for Assault with Intent to Commit Robbery.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2012, a victim and a suspect known to the victim were in the 1300 block of Harvard Street, NW, when the suspect displayed a handgun and robbed the victim of his wallet, credit cards, phone, and a video camera. The suspect ordered the victim to drive to another location. The victim was able to get away and the suspect fled. On Wednesday, November 21, 2012, a juvenile male was arrested for Robbery While Armed.
- Thursday, November 22, 2012, at approximately 4:08 pm, a complainant was in the 1300 block of North Capitol Street, NW, when a suspect punched him in the face and took U.S. currency. An adult male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Saturday, November 17, 2012 at approximately 2:02 am, a victim was in the 1000 block of Southern Avenue, SE, when he was approached by four suspects. One of suspects announced a robbery and pushed the victim. The suspects took the victim’s wallet and cell phone. Two juvenile males and two adult males were arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence). The victim’s property was recovered.
- Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at approximately 9:22 pm, a complainant was in the 3000 block of 9th Street, SE, when he was approached by two suspects one of which was armed with a handgun. The suspects took the victim’s cell phone, a wallet containing U.S. currency and other items, car keys, and a jacket. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed.
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Create a free Safety Profile to provide critical, lifesaving data to 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency call today at www.smart911.com.
Inform first responders in advance!