Re: [ward5] Re: [Brookland] Door kicked in

  • Debbie Smith-Steiner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      Kathy, you are right.  The EYA community is having a safety meeting tomorrow at 3015 4th Street NE about the same brazing issue. I openly invite the residents to attend; we start @ 6:30pm

      Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

             Booker T. Washington

      On Nov 18, 2012, at 8:07 AM, Kathy <cooperator@...> wrote:

      I've actually seen MPD officers patrolling our neighborhood on bicycles during the past two weeks, and I've noticed a much greater police patrol presence generally than we used to have here -- both 4th District and 5th District patrol cars. I don't think we can charge MPD alone with fixing this neighborhood problem.

      Kathy Sinzinger
      10th Street NE

      On 11/18/2012 7:30 AM, Elise Scott wrote:

      Im so sorry this happened to you. How awful to have this happen to you in your homeā€¦ or anywhere for that matter.

      What can we do about this going forward and the ongoing problem with this age group terrorizing our neighborhood? Who is "walking the beat" in our area? What is MPDs plan?

      ES 13th

      There were about 4 of them all between about 10 and 12 years old.  I chased them down Hamlin onto 10th, back up to 12th, across Rhode Island and lost them in the apartments.  I was walking back to my house when I noticed a mob was following me.  I confronted them at 14 th and Franklin and called the police.  They all ran back across Rhode Island.  The police came, and were very helpful.  I don't think the caught any of them.