Re: [MPD-5D] Gunshots

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 14, 2012
      We got several calls but when we responded we found nothing.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 15, 2013
        Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?
      • Sean Wieland
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 16, 2013
          Hi David,

          Please call 911when you hear gunshots.  This allows MPD the ability to investigate in a timely manner.

          -Sean

          Sent from my iPhone 5

          On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "David" <david@...> wrote:

          Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?

        • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 16, 2013

            Good Morning David,

            There were no reported sounds of gunshots to MPD.  Please ensure you call 911 toensure all activity is investigated.

            Thanks

            Capt. J. Brown

            5th District

            (202) 698-0288

            April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
            Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
            It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
              Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.

              Andi Fleming

              Sent from my iPhone
            • Andi Fleming Yahoo
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
                My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

                Andi Fleming

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Nolan Treadway
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
                  about 24 hours prior to this, at quarter after midnight (Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/15) there were eight gunshots at the Shell station on Rhode Island Ave and Irving (between 20th and 18th). Thanks to MPD who came out and taped off the scene and looked for shell casings. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they were not able to find anything.

                  According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road

                  Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

                  Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

                  --Nolan

                  --------------------------
                  Commissioner Nolan Treadway
                  Single Member District 5C07
                  Woodridge / Langdon

                  Join my email list: http://ancnolan.com/signup/

                  nolan@... / - email
                  734-717-4342 - Mobile

                  On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Andi Fleming Yahoo <andi_fleming@...> wrote:
                  My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

                  Andi Fleming

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Haines, John (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
                    All the cases below are being actively investigated by the Fifth District Detectives Office. At this time we have no specific information that the cases are related however their close proximity to one another certainly leaves that as a possibility.

                    We do ask that if anyone might have seen or heard anything to please contact the Fifth District Detectives Office at 202.698.0660, or you can call or email myself at the numbers or email below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call 202.727.9099 or text the information to 50411

                    John R. Haines
                    Detective Lieutenant
                    Fifth District
                    Metropolitan Police Department
                    Washington D.C.
                    202.553.7511
                    John.Haines@...<mailto:John.Haines@...>
                    [cid:image002.jpg@01CE3B74.A510F480]
                    FBINA Session #250

                    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this emailis the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorizedusers. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

                    April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
                    Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.

                    According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/323312396145917953> and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/324367933117710337>.

                    Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

                    Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

                    --Nolan

                  • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013

                      Of the incidents mentioned below, evidence was recovered on the scenes. It is currently under investigation.

                      Edward R. Bernat

                      Lieutenant

                      Fifth District

                      1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

                      Washington, D.C. 20002

                      Office - 202-698-0268

                      Cell- 202-359-4240

                      Email: edward.bernat@...

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 19 8:34 AM
                        I was awakened at 3:50AM this morning by 13-14 gunshots in Brentwood maybe from Bryant Street or near there. Does anyone have any more information?

                        Sent from my iPhone