Re: [MPD-5D] ANOTHER BIKE STOLEN!

  • Matt Ashburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
      I encourage him to call police and get a report. If it's not reported, it didn't happen, and police can't respond.

      Matt

      On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM, thalia wiggins <pinatera_mama@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Greetings and My apologies for the Headline, just frustrated.
      >
      > I came home to my poor neighbor lamenting about a bike of his that was
      > stolen right off his front porch! He returned home from work this morning
      > before 1a.m (He is a chef not that it matters here) and and locked his
      > bike, as usual, on the front porch. When he woke up a little earlier this
      > afternoon, he found the bike gone. It had a lock on it, but someone SAWED
      > through his gate to get to the bike. This was on his front porch! This was
      > on a busy (Metro Route) street! Geez!
      >
      > The time of this occurrence was speculated to be between two and four in
      > the morning. He does not want to call the police, and did not register
      > the bike, but I am less passive! I would love not only info on who to call
      > after such an event but I would love pamphlets dropped off to my home, if
      > any on bike theft prevention, in my community, to disperse. I have no
      > problems making a flyer, but would love/ need assistance ($$) in making
      > copies to distribute! I would need more or less 1000 to have an effective
      > campaign of awareness. Bikes are definitely a hot commodity, but they
      > belong in the hands of those who rightfully own them!
      >
      > Had to vent. Any help?
      >
      > Thalia Wiggins (Former ANC Commissioner 5B06.)
    • thalia wiggins
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
        True! That's why I wanted to remind my neighbors by kindly going door to door and (gently) reminding them/ alert them to the surge in bike thefts! I put my bikes inside last night! Sorry to you and to others who were victimized!

        Thalia