ANOTHER BIKE STOLEN!

  • thalia wiggins
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
      Greetings and My apologies for the Headline, just frustrated.

      I came home to my poor neighbor lamenting about a bike of his that was stolen right off his front porch! He returned home from work this morning before 1a.m (He is a chef not that it matters here) and and locked his bike, as usual, on the front porch. When he woke up a little earlier this afternoon, he found the bike gone. It had a lock on it, but someone SAWED through his gate to get to the bike. This was on his front porch! This was on a busy (Metro Route) street! Geez!

      The time of this occurrence was speculated to be between two and four in the morning.He does not want to call the police, and did not register the bike, but I am less passive! I would love not only info on who to call after such an event but I would love pamphlets dropped off to my home, if any on bike theft prevention, in my community, to disperse. I have no problems making a flyer, but would love/ need assistance ($$) in making copies to distribute! I would need more or less 1000 to have an effective campaign of awareness. Bikes are definitely a hot commodity, but they belong in the hands of those who rightfully own them!

      Had to vent. Any help?

      Thalia Wiggins (Former ANC Commissioner 5B06.)

      Thalia Wiggins.
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thalia.wiggins
      ANC Commissioner, 5B06. 202-397-7470.
      Your DC Pet-Sitter@ 3-T and Friends Pet Services,LLC. 202-425-6419.
      3-T on Facebook: 3-T-and-Friends-Pet-Services-LLC.
    • Matt Ashburn
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
        I encourage him to call police and get a report. If it's not reported, it didn't happen, and police can't respond.

        Matt

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
          True! That's why I wanted to remind my neighbors by kindly going door to door and (gently) reminding them/ alert them to the surge in bike thefts! I put my bikes inside last night! Sorry to you and to others who were victimized!

          Thalia