10.29.12 Sexual Assault Area of 19th & I St., NW

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      Contact: Officer A.B. Clay (202-727-4383)

      October 29, 2012

      Sexual Assault in the area of 19th and I Street, Northwest

      ( Washington, DC)- Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sexual Assault Unit are seeking the public’s assistance in reference to a sexual assault which occurred in the area of 19th and I Street, Northwest.

      On Saturday, October 27, 2012, between midnight and 1:00 am, an unknown male suspect offered to assist a female victim with hailing a taxicab.  The suspect led the victim to an unpopulated area near 19th and I Streets, NW, where the suspect sexually assaulted the victim.

      The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years old, 5'8" in height, weighing 160 pounds, short hair, clean shaven, wearing a red sweater with hood, and white shoes.

      Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at (202)727-9099.  Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
      Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
      Check out www.grade.dc.gov today.