FW: Car Jacking

  • Griffin, Randy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012

      This evening shortly before 8 PM a victim was robbed of his vehicle at gunpoint by two armed subjects in the 1500 block of C St NE. First District units responded to the 911 call and immediately obtained a lookout for the wanted suspects and the stolen vehicle. The lookout was broadcasted to both 1D and 5D units, due to the location of the offense. Approximately 10 minutes later 1D and 5D units spotted the vehicles and suspect in the area of Bladensburg Rd and H Streets NE. The officers attempted to stop the vehicle which fled with both 1D and 5D officers in pursuit.  After a chase, assisted by the MPD helicopter,  the suspects were apprehended in the 600 block of 15th St NE and the vehicle recovered.

      This offense was closed quickly due to the rapid response of the officers and the cooperative efforts of 1D and 5D working together.

      Commander Daniel Hickson

      Metropolitan Police Department

      First District

      101 M Street SW

      202-729-2037 Office

      202-270-2279 Cell

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
      Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
      Check out www.grade.dc.gov today.

    • gilavin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
        Excellent cooperative work and apprehension by 1D and 5D; thank you MPD from a 5D citizen. Your efforts in our community are noticed and thoroughly appreciated.

        Best,
        Gil Avin

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Griffin, Randy (MPD)" <randy.griffin@...> wrote:

        > This evening shortly before 8 PM a victim was robbed of his vehicle at gunpoint by two armed subjects in the 1500 block of C St NE. First District units responded to the 911 call and immediately obtained a lookout for the wanted suspects and the stolen vehicle. The lookout was broadcasted to both 1D and 5D units, due to the location of the offense. Approximately 10 minutes later 1D and 5D units spotted the vehicles and suspect in the area of Bladensburg Rd and H Streets NE. The officers attempted to stop the vehicle which fled with both 1D and 5D officers in pursuit. After a chase, assisted by the MPD helicopter, the suspects were apprehended in the 600 block of 15th St NE and the vehicle recovered.
        >
        > This offense was closed quickly due to the rapid response of the officers and the cooperative efforts of 1D and 5D working together.
        >
        > Commander Daniel Hickson
        > Metropolitan Police Department
        > First District
        > 101 M Street SW
        > 202-729-2037 Office
        > 202-270-2279 Cell
        >

        > Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
        > Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
        > Check out www.grade.dc.gov<http://www.grade.dc.gov> today.

      • Kenny Brooks
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2012

          Great work as I had just traversed that location with two 11 year olds in my backseat.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2012
            Thanks very much, Gil.

            Andy Solberg