Illegal Activities at Edgewood Terrace

  • Dionne Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2012
      Good Evening,

      I am a long time resident at Edgewood Terrace and recently, my neighbors and I have noticed that we have some unwanted visitors who are taking over the KIDS playground that faces the corner of 5th/6th & Edgewood Street and across from building #515.  There are a group of guys and women who smoke marijuana and drink alcoholic beverage while hanging out on the playground.  They are on the playground morning, noon and night; 7 days a week.  The marijuana scent is so strong, it is smelled throughout our apartments. These people also leave food, alcohol bottles, cups and drug paraphernalia on the KIDS playground. We who have kids, do not allow them to play on the playground because of them.

      We noticed that they are also selling drugs.  Strange people are seen walking up the walk way to meet with them and they would sell the drugs on the playground or they would sell drugs in building #515.

      Can you PLEASE send a patrol vehicle sometimes to interrupt the illegal activities on the playground and the surrounding areas.  Thank you so very much for you help and assistance.

      Deeleetee at Edgewood Terrace

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
        We'll send the officers through the park.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

[...]

        Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
        Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
        Check out www.grade.dc.gov today.