New Police Officers & National Crime Prevention Month
Just in time for National Crime Prevention Month, MPD congratulates and welcomes 23 new police officers and six new reserve police officers. The officers graduated this past Friday, September 28, 2012, from the Metropolitan Police Academy and have begun their tours in patrol services. We look forward to recruiting the next great police officers of the Metropolitan Police Department. For more information, visit: http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/frequently-asked-questions-about-becoming-police-officer
Below is a brief list of just a few of many events planned for National Crime Prevention Month. More details to come. In addition, look for safety tips and/or safety videos in each Daily Crime Report this month.
Second District- MPD Officers Participate in National Walk to School Day (Oct 3rd)
- Second District- Citizen Advisory Council Awards Banquet- (Oct 4th)
- First District- MPD & McGruff the Crime Dog© Safety Visit – 10:00 am- Walker Jones Elementary School (Oct 5th)
- Fifth District- Bullying Prevention- Burroughs School (Oct 9th)
- Seventh District- Domestic Violence Awareness Summit (Oct 13th)
- Third District- Safety Fair at Howard University (Oct. 23rd)
- Fifth District- Citizen Advisory Council Awards Banquet (Oct 25th)
- Fourth District- Community Day (Oct 27th)
- Sixth District- Kiddie Cabaret- Halloween Safe Haven Event (Oct 27th)
- Upload National Neighborhood Watch Manuals at: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/NeighborhoodWatch
More information to come.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept
Plan TODAY for what’s on the way. September is National Emergency Preparedness Month. To learn how to prepare & to sign up for critical emergency alerts, go to www.72hours.dc.gov.