RE: [MPD-5D] Police Action in the 1100 Block of Trinidad Ave

  • Dorrough, Jonathan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2012
      At approximately 5 PM, officers working with the Fifth District's Vice Office and the Department's Narcotics and Special Investigations Division conducted a traffic stop in the 100 block of Trinidad Ave. NE. Pursuant to on-scene investigation of the vehicle and its occupants they recovered both narcotics and a pistol from the vehicle. Both the driver and the passenger were placed under arrest without incident.

      This is a great example of the excellent work these units do every day, which often goes unnoticed. The same units, working in unison today as a training activity, recovered another large amount of narcotics in the 6th District and another handgun in the 7th District.

      Sergeant Jon Dorrough
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Washington, D.C.
      Fifth District

      Plan TODAY for what’s on the way.  September is National Emergency Preparedness Month.  To learn how to prepare & to sign up for critical emergency alerts, go to www.72hours.dc.gov.

      I heard that there were multiple police cars and a mass of officers in that block earlier this evening. I'm assuming that they were executing a drug related search warrant. Are you able to share any information about what occurred?

      Elise

    • Elise Bernard