Homicide

    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 13, 2012
      Tonight, Thursday, September 13, shortly before 6:30 pm, a man was stabbed after an altercation on the street near 4th and Bryant Sts, NE.

      The man collapsed nearby and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

      Fifth District and Homicide detectives are working on this case and as we get more information we will inform the community.

      Preliminary investigation would lead us to believe that the victim and suspect perhaps knew one another and that this was not a random act of violence.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Plan TODAY for what’s on the way. September is National Emergency Preparedness Month. To learn how to prepare & to sign up for critical emergency alerts, go to www.72hours.dc.gov.
    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 47 of 47 , Aug 2 11:46 AM
        The homicide occurred in my single member district and my constituents are understandably frightened, concerned and disheartened. We appreciate law enforcement  efforts; we know you don't want any  homicides either. We need information to assist in our efforts to process this event and determine our next steps. Staying inside indefinitely is not s viable option.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Aug 2, 2015, at 2:22 PM, 'Rivers, Subrena (MPD)' Subrena.Rivers@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        In regards to the homicide in the 5th District this morning, the decedent’s identity is not available for the public at this time due to the ongoing investigation.

        The midnight tour had regular staffing in the area.