Re: And The Annual Annoyance Begins...

  • Heather Phipps
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2006
      In addition to the noise pollution, fireworks release a hazardous
      substance called perchlorate into the environment when detonated and
      this chemical is becoming ubiquitous in our water supplies. From an
      environmental perspective, fireworks are a hazard to human health
      and a luxury item we could surely do without.

      Heather on 15th NE

      <vorange@...>,<pmendelson@...>,<sambrose@...>,<lcropp@...>,<afenty@..
      .>,<dcatania@...>
      > Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] And The Annual Annoyance Begins...
      > Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:31:33 -0400
      >
      > i just moved to district five a few months ago and the amount of
      fireworks
      > being exploded each night has been quite a surprise. the first
      night or two
      > i figured someone was warming up really early for independence
      day. but the
      > fireworks have been going off every single night for a while now.
      and i'm
      > talking about booooming, loud and shattering explosive types just
      outside
      > the window.
      >
      > my mother has recently moved in for the summer after undergoing
      kidney
      > surgery at walter reed and i must say, the fireworks are kind of
      hard to
      > explain to her since it caught me by surprise and she's from the
      quiet south
      > where no one does fireworks unless it's at a mall for new year's
      eve or 4th
      > of july.
      >
      > i also would like to know what can be done to at least limit the
      times the
      > fireworks are being used and if there is some kind of restrictions
      as to how
      > close to living quarters they can be exploded. can minors use
      them without
      > parental supervision?

      > David Gaines
      >

      > "Out of clutter, find simplicity..."