Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Fwd: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs

  • Tina DCTina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8 12:55 PM
      Because the neighborhood walks are being organized by
      Kathy, that makes the announcement they're taking
      place a campaign email? good grief. Regardless, Kathy
      is ANC Commissioner and doing Friday night
      neighborhood walkthroughs is ALL ABOUT crime and
      preventing it. This sort of activity has proved to be
      a deterrent and sends a message that the people in
      those neighborhoods are being diligent, aware and
      aren't going to stay passively cowering in their homes
      ignoring what's been going on. I live in this part of
      Ward 5 (not in Kathy's area- MY commissioner is always
      absent)and have been a victim of crime in recent weeks
      as have several of my neighbors. It's important to get
      the word out so we can all join in this effort. Beyond
      that I say GREAT to ANYONE who is willing to organize
      this sort of activity so hats off to Kathy for being
      somebody who will walk the walk, not just talk the
      talk , and get out there herself WITH us, not to
      campaign but to deter crime.

      --- historic_2man <historic_2man@...> wrote:

      > I thought this listserv was about crime and not
      > about candidates
      > running for city office and what they are doing to
      > promote their
      > run. Does this mean that everyone that is running
      > can post what
      > they are doing?
      >
      > Please limit what is posted on this listserv, I
      > already receive
      > enough campaign information.
      >
      > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...> wrote: To:
      > ward5@yahoogroups.com,
      > trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...>
      > > Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
      > > Subject: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs
      > >
      > > Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) Kathy
      > Henderson will be
      > conducting neighborhood walkthroughs weekly this
      > summer. They are
      > effective in putting criminals "on notice" that they
      > are not welcome
      > in our neighborhood and in spotlighting problems
      > that require
      > immediate attention. Please join us this Friday,
      > June 9 at 6:30 PM
      > on the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE, to meet, walk
      > through, and
      > help secure our community.
      > >
      > > Please join us, because we want safe streets,
      > and we want them
      > now!
      > >
      > > -Robert

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Robert Brannum
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8 12:57 PM

        Your point is well taken; however, I do not see anything in this message which states Ms. Henderson or someone is a candidate for office or to vote for Ms. Henderson or someone for office.  Though, clearly she is a candidate in Ward 5.  However, she is also a Commissioner seeking to serve and work for her community.

        Robert Vinson Brannum

        href="mailto:ward5%40yahoogroups.com">ward5@yahoogroups. com,

      • cninney@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8 5:18 PM
          Applause! Applause!

          Your point is well taken; however, I do not see anything in this message which states Ms. Henderson or someone is a candidate for office or to vote for Ms. Henderson or someone for office.  Though, clearly she is a candidate in Ward 5.  However, she is also a Commissioner seeking to serve and work for her community.
          Robert Vinson Brannum

          I thought this listserv was about crime and not about candidates
          running for city office and what they are doing to promote their
          run. Does this mean that everyone that is running can post what
          they are doing?

          Please limit what is posted on this listserv, I already receive
          enough campaign information.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... > wrote:

          > RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... > wrote: To: ward5@yahoogroups. com,
          trinidaddc@yahoogro ups.com
          > From: RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... >
          > Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
          > Subject: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs
          >
          > Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) Kathy Henderson will be
          conducting neighborhood walkthroughs weekly this summer. They are
          effective in putting criminals "on notice" that they are not welcome
          in our neighborhood and in spotlighting problems that require
          immediate attention. Please join us this Friday, June 9 at 6:30 PM
          on the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE, to meet, walk through, and
          help secure our community.

          > Please join us, because we want safe streets, and we want them
          now!

          > -Robert

          Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
          http://mail.netscape.com