Eckington Safety Walk

  • Brooke Edgecombe
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
      Hello All,

      We had a terrific safety walk tonight.  The radar in motion map was correct, and we did have some rain from 7-8pm.  However, that did not deter us!  Armed with umbrellas, and raincoats we walked around Eckington. When the rain got heavy we saw an Eckington Civic Association meeting "regular" who let us stay on his porch for a while!  THANKS Brent!

      Special thanks to Officer Gates for walking with us sans umbrella (although he did end up sharing an umbrella with Commissioner Pinkney).

      I took a picture of our group but I thought the attached one of my dog Ziggy with Officer Gates was the cutest.

      We had "baby" Rayo (who is now one year old) in a stroller join us too (with his Mom and Dad ofcourse)!

      Thanks to all.

      Brooke
    • Brooke Edgecombe
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2012
        Hello Everyone,

        Please join us for our monthly SAFETY WALK!

        Who:   Neighbors from any block in Eckington (kids and pets too!)

        When: Monday, October 22nd, 7- @8pm

        Where: Meet at Harry Thomas Recreation Center

        Why: Get to know your neighbors, meet your local MPD officers, exercise, get outdoors!

        We look forward to seeing you!!!

        Brooke Edgecombe
        Vice President
        Eckington Civic Association
      • Robert Vinson Brannum
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014

          Glad to have joined my Eckington neighbors in its community safety walk last night with 5D Commander Diedre Porter and LT Wright.

          Robert

          Embedded image permalink