Re: Fwd: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs

  • historic_2man
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2006
      I thought this listserv was about crime and not about candidates
      running for city office and what they are doing to promote their
      run. Does this mean that everyone that is running can post what
      they are doing?

      Please limit what is posted on this listserv, I already receive
      enough campaign information.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...> wrote:

      > RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...> wrote: To: ward5@yahoogroups.com,
      trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com
      > From: RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...>
      > Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
      > Subject: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs
      >
      > Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) Kathy Henderson will be
      conducting neighborhood walkthroughs weekly this summer. They are
      effective in putting criminals "on notice" that they are not welcome
      in our neighborhood and in spotlighting problems that require
      immediate attention. Please join us this Friday, June 9 at 6:30 PM
      on the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE, to meet, walk through, and
      help secure our community.

      > Please join us, because we want safe streets, and we want them
      now!

      > -Robert

    • Tina DCTina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
        Because the neighborhood walks are being organized by
        Kathy, that makes the announcement they're taking
        place a campaign email? good grief. Regardless, Kathy
        is ANC Commissioner and doing Friday night
        neighborhood walkthroughs is ALL ABOUT crime and
        preventing it. This sort of activity has proved to be
        a deterrent and sends a message that the people in
        those neighborhoods are being diligent, aware and
        aren't going to stay passively cowering in their homes
        ignoring what's been going on. I live in this part of
        Ward 5 (not in Kathy's area- MY commissioner is always
        absent)and have been a victim of crime in recent weeks
        as have several of my neighbors. It's important to get
        the word out so we can all join in this effort. Beyond
        that I say GREAT to ANYONE who is willing to organize
        this sort of activity so hats off to Kathy for being
        somebody who will walk the walk, not just talk the
        talk , and get out there herself WITH us, not to
        campaign but to deter crime.

        --- historic_2man <historic_2man@...> wrote:

        > I thought this listserv was about crime and not
        > about candidates
        > running for city office and what they are doing to
        > promote their
        > run. Does this mean that everyone that is running
        > can post what
        > they are doing?
        >
        > Please limit what is posted on this listserv, I
        > already receive
        > enough campaign information.
        >
        > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...> wrote: To:
        > ward5@yahoogroups.com,
        > trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: RobbyCU <RobbyCU@...>
        > > Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
        > > Subject: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs
        > >
        > > Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) Kathy
        > Henderson will be
        > conducting neighborhood walkthroughs weekly this
        > summer. They are
        > effective in putting criminals "on notice" that they
        > are not welcome
        > in our neighborhood and in spotlighting problems
        > that require
        > immediate attention. Please join us this Friday,
        > June 9 at 6:30 PM
        > on the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE, to meet, walk
        > through, and
        > help secure our community.
        > >
        > > Please join us, because we want safe streets,
        > and we want them
        > now!
        > >
        > > -Robert

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Robert Brannum
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006

          Your point is well taken; however, I do not see anything in this message which states Ms. Henderson or someone is a candidate for office or to vote for Ms. Henderson or someone for office.  Though, clearly she is a candidate in Ward 5.  However, she is also a Commissioner seeking to serve and work for her community.

          Robert Vinson Brannum

          href="mailto:ward5%40yahoogroups.com">ward5@yahoogroups. com,

        • cninney@netscape.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
            Applause! Applause!

            Your point is well taken; however, I do not see anything in this message which states Ms. Henderson or someone is a candidate for office or to vote for Ms. Henderson or someone for office.  Though, clearly she is a candidate in Ward 5.  However, she is also a Commissioner seeking to serve and work for her community.
            Robert Vinson Brannum

            I thought this listserv was about crime and not about candidates
            running for city office and what they are doing to promote their
            run. Does this mean that everyone that is running can post what
            they are doing?

            Please limit what is posted on this listserv, I already receive
            enough campaign information.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... > wrote:

            > RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... > wrote: To: ward5@yahoogroups. com,
            trinidaddc@yahoogro ups.com
            > From: RobbyCU <RobbyCU@... >
            > Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
            > Subject: [ward5] Neighborhood Walkthroughs
            >
            > Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) Kathy Henderson will be
            conducting neighborhood walkthroughs weekly this summer. They are
            effective in putting criminals "on notice" that they are not welcome
            in our neighborhood and in spotlighting problems that require
            immediate attention. Please join us this Friday, June 9 at 6:30 PM
            on the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE, to meet, walk through, and
            help secure our community.

            > Please join us, because we want safe streets, and we want them
            now!

            > -Robert

            Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
            http://mail.netscape.com