Shooting from Car on Rhode Island Last Night

  • iraultman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2012
      This was reported on Prince of Petworth blog today (not by me). Apparently from the poster, there were gunshots fired from a moving car into another car. Can MPD confirm this incident and provide more information? Have any arrests been made?
      ***********************************
      Dear PoPville,

      I was driving home from work on Rhode Island Ave, near 2nd St NE, around 9:00pm and stopped at a red light. When the light turned green I saw the guy in the car in the lane next to me lean out his window and fire four shots (+/-) into the car behind me. The shooter went by me and drove off. I called the cops and gave as much info as I could, but I wonder if there are any alerts or others that saw it. I have no idea what happened to the person behind me, but hopefully they weren't killed. I noticed the shooter driving oddly, but definitely didn't expect that. I wish I got a better look at him and his license plate, but maybe someone else did.
    • Manlapaz, Wilfredo (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2012

        5D detectives are currently investigating the incident. No victims have come forward or have been located. No arrests have been made.

        Check out the "One City Action Plan"
        Read Mayor Gray's comprehensive strategy to create a thriving city for all!
        Visit
        http://onecityactionplan.dc.gov to learn more.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2012
          We received two calls for gunshots last night but found nothing when we arrived.

          We have been in contact with a person who may be able to provide more information but so far we have no victim and no suspect.

          Andy Solberg
          Commander, 5D