Bikes stolen from yard today (locks cut)

  • Terri Nostrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2012
      While we were out of town today our sons' two brand new bikes were stolen. They were chained with a cable lock to a large post. Our neighbor told us he saw 2 males, age 15-16 casing the yard. They then jumped a 6' fence into our yard and cut the cable with a hand saw. From what I understand, this took place during the day and the boys then rode the bikes around the neighborhood, along with another person on what my neighbor believed to be a very expensive bike. Our dog was barking noisily in the adjacent yard for a long period of time while this was taking place. This took place on 10th street next to Noyes Elementary in the middle of the day. And no, the neighbor who told us about this did not call the police so all I have is a second hand report, a cut lock and two missing bikes.

      Please be on the lookout for suspicious people and help your neighbors and community by calling the police to report it. Inaction weakens our whole community.

      Also, if you see 1 or 2 brand-new, white Mongoose 20" boys bikes with wire rims please let me know.

      Terri Nostrand

    • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2012

        Sorry to hear about the theft, were you able to call us and have one of our officers come by and make a report?  If not, please do so we maybe able to link the bikes should we recover them to the rightful owner. This will also help us build a case against the person stole them.

        Second, I will relay the information to my day work and evening officials so they can have the PSA officers canvass and look for these bikes.

        If there is anything else we can do, please let me know.

        Edward R. Bernat

        Lieutenant

        Fifth District

        1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

        Washington, D.C. 20002

        Office - 202-698-0268

        Cell- 202-359-4240

        Email: edward.bernat@...

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this e-mail is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This e-mail should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

        Check out the "One City Action Plan"
        Read Mayor Gray's comprehensive strategy to create a thriving city for all!
        Visit
        http://onecityactionplan.dc.gov to learn more.