*Important: Petition Against Big Ben's and Super Liquors*

  • Mike In DC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      Big Ben's Liquors and Super Liquors have each filed
      applications to renew their liquor licenses with the
      DC Alcohol Beverage Control Board (ABC).

      As many of us in Ward 5/Truxton Circle know, these
      liquor stores are focal points for crime, loitering,
      drug trafficking, and other criminal behavior.

      ANC 5C has voted to officially OPPOSE renewing the
      liquor licenses of these establishments.

      If you wish to join the petition, please fill out
      one (or both) of the petition forms attached to this
      message and fax or mail to Commissioner Cleopatra
      Jones (her contact information is printed on the
      forms).

      Also, there will be a public hearing on Wednesday,
      June 21, at the ABC Board's office at 941 North
      Capitol Street NE, Room 7200, beginning at 10 a.m.

      We need a good show of support at that hearing if we
      are to successfully oppose the renewal of these liquor
      licenses.

      http://mail.yahoo.com