Re: [MPD-5D] Another productive night.

  • ayako sato
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
      Hello Lt. Craig,

      I live maybe a block away from Saratoga and 14th.  Around a week ago, I heard gun shots at 3:00 in morning and called 3-11 but I'm not sure if anything happened.  Is this area considered a "hot-spot?"

      "Craig, Donald (MPD)" <Donald.Craig@...> wrote:

      Well the night started off well. We recovered a firearm in the 1400 block of Saratoga Avenue N.E. The gun was taken to our forensic units for processing. No arrests were made.

      Now for the really good news. In response to the list serve we sent units to the area of the 300 block of W STreet N.E. While patrolling they stopped a suspicious vehicle at 4th and W Street N.E. They wound up arresting two individuals for Carrying a Pistol Without a License and recovering a .45 caliber handgun. On top of our prosecution we are turning the information over to the ATF for follow up.

      Other than that the night was fairly quiet. Take care all.

      Lt. Craig

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • cninney@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
        It should be, but it is not.

[...]

        Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
        http://mail.netscape.com
      • beanish80
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
          That is great news, indeed!  Thank you so much for acting on our posts to this listserve.  I greatly appreciate it.

          Kim

          "Craig, Donald (MPD)" <Donald.Craig@...> wrote:

          Well the night started off well. We recovered a firearm in the 1400 block of Saratoga Avenue N.E. The gun was taken to our forensic units for processing. No arrests were made.

          Now for the really good news. In response to the list serve we sent units to the area of the 300 block of W STreet N.E. While patrolling they stopped a suspicious vehicle at 4th and W Street N.E. They wound up arresting two individuals for Carrying a Pistol Without a License and recovering a .45 caliber handgun. On top of our prosecution we are turning the information over to the ATF for follow up.

          Other than that the night was fairly quiet. Take care all.

          Lt. Craig

        • Craig, Donald (MPD)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
              Thank you Lt. Craig.  You are very helpful.  Is there something a citizen like myself can do to help designate it as a hotspot?  From the description of "hotspots" it sounds like more police attention is given to them.  I hear gunshots and see drug transactions on a daily basis and would like to be proactive in making my neighborhood a nice place to live.

              Thanks again and thank you for making yourself available.

              Ayako

              "Craig, Donald (MPD)" <Donald.Craig@ dc.gov> wrote:

              Well the night started off well. We recovered a firearm in the 1400 block of Saratoga Avenue N.E. The gun was taken to our forensic units for processing. No arrests were made.

              Now for the really good news. In response to the list serve we sent units to the area of the 300 block of W STreet N.E. While patrolling they stopped a suspicious vehicle at 4th and W Street N.E. They wound up arresting two individuals for Carrying a Pistol Without a License and recovering a .45 caliber handgun. On top of our prosecution we are turning the information over to the ATF for follow up.

              Other than that the night was fairly quiet. Take care all.

              Lt. Craig

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              http://mail.yahoo.com