RE: [MPD-5D] RE: Update of Florida Avenue Park

  • Mary Ann
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      Message
      Good morning, Francine-

      I saw the exchange between you and Rene Albacete on the Bloomingdale Listserve regarding the installation of gates at the Florida Avenue Park.  Your response to Rene prompts these questions from me....

      Is the Kennedy Playground on P Street, NW, under the jurisdiction of Parks and Recreation?  This playground is gated...how did that come about?

      Mary Ann Wilmer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2006
        Big Ben's Liquors and Super Liquors have each filed
        applications to renew their liquor licenses with the
        DC Alcohol Beverage Control Board (ABC).

        As many of us in Ward 5/Truxton Circle know, these
        liquor stores are focal points for crime, loitering,
        drug trafficking, and other criminal behavior.

        ANC 5C has voted to officially OPPOSE renewing the
        liquor licenses of these establishments.

        If you wish to join the petition, please fill out one
        (or both) of the petition forms attached to this
        message and fax or mail to Commissioner Cleopatra
        Jones (her contact information is printed on the
        forms).

        Also, there will be a public hearing on Wednesday,
        June 21, at the ABC Board's office at 941 North
        Capitol Street NE, Room 7200, beginning at 10 a.m.

        We need a good show of support at that hearing if we
        are to successfully oppose the renewal of these licenses.

        http://mail.yahoo.com