FW: [MPD-5D] illegal dumping, getting rid of the items

  • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 2:02 PM

      Please be advised, this situation was an illegal dumping resulting in a hardship.  DPW is responsible for the removal of trash and bulk items from public space which can be reported to (202) 727-1000.  The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Neighborhood Stabilization Office is responsible for having owners abate private property, which can be reported to (202) 442-4477.

      For more information, you can contact your lead inspectors for the Ward which are: Inspector Jacqueline Brooks, Lead DPW SWEEP on (202) 645-8507 and Inspector Gloria Shelby, DCRA Lead Inspector on (202) 442-4326.  If they are not responsive or have not addressed your concerns, you may contact their supervisors; DPW - Mr. Lawrence Dance (202) 645-5066; DCRA-Inspector Evelyn Rice (202) 442-4368.

      We do ask that you continue taking proactive steps in cleaning your neighborhood, but we would like for you to be safe as well as the others that you ask to assist.

      Francine P. Edmonds

      Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

      Office of Neighborhood Services

      64 New York Avenue NE,

      Room 4100

      Washington, DC 20002