Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Fireworks in Trinidad

  • Elise Bernard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
      My understanding is that it is illegal if it moves, or shoots anything out.

      Elise

      On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Allison Stewart <allisonstewart@...> wrote:

      Perhaps one of the police officers can weigh in, but I'm pretty sure fireworks are illegal in DC?  Anything larger than a sparkler?  Also if there is unsafe activity you should call the police.

      On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM, imgoph <hatchard@...> wrote:

      Been hearing them every day for weeks now. Not sure there's much that can be done about it.

      Geoff

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "big_kg_51" <kenny.gamble@...> wrote:

      > Looks like the 4th of July has come early in the Trinidad neighborhood in the area of Levis Street.

    • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
        More generally, if it moves, explodes or shoots out flames or sparks more than 12 inches from its source, it's illegal.  Sparklers of 20 inches or less and cones and candles with low height spark emissions are legal in D.C.  The law is much more detailed than that but basically, the kinds of fireworks sold in the boxes on sale at the fireworks stands that pop up all over town this time of year are not illegal.  The firecrakers, cherry bombs, ash cans and M80s we hear exploding all night from June through August are illegal.

        Bradley A. Thomas

        Download DC311 and Start Reporting Today!
        With the new DC311 free smartphone app, reporting an issue to 311 is now easier than ever.
        Currently available in the iTunes App Store and in the Android Marketplace.
        Learn more at
        www.ouc.dc.gov