[MPD-5D] Continuous Canvassing by Alleged Meat Salesmen

  • Alfred Nader
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
      Perhaps this is a conversation better suited for another listserv.  MPD have more important issues to worry about than people trying to make a living.

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
        Drug dealers claim they are trying to make a living. People selling stolen merchandise claim they are trying to make a living. Nuisance meat peddlers that refuse to display a license for vending or identification are indeed a public safety concern. A few years ago we had an ice cream truck operator selling drugs from the truck.

        This is a public forum for public safety concerns. My neighbors share this public safety concern. Championing the cause of questionable vendors is appropriate for another forum. The meat peddlers are in the same category as the North Carolina vendors selling their sofas on the sidewalk a few years ago. I am certain neighbors on Prospect Street, Kalmia Road or Unicorn Lane are not burdened by meat peddlers, sidewalk sofa sellers and the like. Neighbors in my community are more vigilant about reporting disorderly practices to our law enforcement partners and my community is better for that vigilance. We like our neighborhood quiet, clean, orderly and without questionable peddlers knocking on our doors.

        Kathy Henderson

        From: Alfred Nader <naderalfred@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 15:24:27 -0400