RE: [MPD-5D] A Great Day in the Neighborhood

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2012
      Thanks, Ms. Henderson, for this good report. I am glad to hear that the paradigm has shifted and that progress is being made. Thank you for all your continued efforts and hard work in your community and throughout 5D.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Download DC311 and Start Reporting Today!
      With the new DC311 free smartphone app, reporting an issue to 311 is now easier than ever.
      Currently available in the iTunes App Store and in the Android Marketplace.
      Learn more at www.ouc.dc.gov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24
        I am so proud of my neighbors for expressing civic pride, care and camaraderie today. The Bennett Place neighbors celebrated with good food, fun and lots of good will. Not to be outdone, the neighbors on I Street fired up the grill under the MPD tent; officers VanderMeer, Vanriel and Sergeant Jones shuttled between both events while working and mingling. Everyone from children to seniors had a great time today!

        I love opportunities for neighbors and law enforcement to bond over good food and drink. One of our neighbors shared that in the Philippines crime is low because everyone knows their officers and regards them as family. Committing a crime and disappointing an officer is like disappointing your uncle or father. What a nice sentiment!

        Finally, the basketball game between officers and residents in Trinidad presented another bonding opportunity. This is how a community should be and I look forward to more great days in the neighborhood!

        Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Sent from my iPhone