Re: 5D, Feb [1] 2012 / Robbery 4th and R St NW

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2012
      Even if such image(s) show the perp *in the act*, I doubt anonymous photographs are permitted in court w/o the in court testimony of the photographer/witness before the jury (and defendant) - where they would really matter.

      One of the issues that came up today, which counsel stated in open court, while the jury was in recess, was that although Raymond may have had the purse, there was no evidence that he actually hit (and bloodied) the victim or even did the actual snatch. (Didn't seem like he ratted out the guy who got away either.) Judge Pan advised the jury later that Mr King cld still be found guilty, as an accomplice to the entire crime, including the assault, but this seemed to get into a gray area that the defense counsel threatened to use *across the street* (in the Court of Appeals). Pan, otherwise cool and poised, was visibly annoyed and flustered by such an audacious threat to how she was running her courtroom and the case. A conviction today, could still potentially end up getting overturned if defense counsel was as shrewd and dogged as he seemed.

      I thought it was great to learn that a dogwalker was the one who actually tackled Mr King - giving proof to the claim that dogwalkers help make communities safer.

      MRM

      --- In MPD-3d@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Terlizzi <sass1420@...> wrote:

      Re: [MPD-3d] Re: 5D, Feb 2 2012 / Robbery 4th and R St NW 2/1/11 [1 Attachment]

      Just a side note: if you don't want to put yourself really 'out there' and take a risk (which is not always wise), almost everyone has a cell phone now with a camera with them. Snap a couple pictures, and pass those to the police... way better than any eyewitness description!