Re: 5D, Feb 2 2012 / Robbery 4th and R St NW 2/1/11

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2012
      This case was in court yesterday and this afternoon. Jury expected to render a decision to Judge Florence Pan w/in the next hour or so. (I happened to be there for another case, but decided to stick around since this is only a few blocks from my home.) Although it's always, risky, I have to applaud the two neighbors who, unlike most, decided not to simply do nothing and keep silent, but helped to apprehend Mr King who clearly would have otherwise gotten away scot-free. If it's the same Raymond King on other court dockets, this guy, for someone who looks very young, has a long record of offenses. We can complain about crime all we want, but if MPD can't identify and catch perps, some of them just keep perpetrating this nonsense. This case is pretty open and shut because local residents really stepped up. Thank you!

      MRM

      PS:
      The City's Criminal Justic Coordinating Council is having a meeting next Wednesday, if any 5D area residents want to get a little face time with the top decision makers join Chief Lanier, CM Mendelson, Depty Mayor Quander , Chief Judge Lee Satterfield, DYRS Director Neil Stanley about other criminal / juvenile justice concerns.
       WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
      6:00PM - 8:00PM
      SHILOH BAPTIST CHURCH
      1510 9TH STREET, NW

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Bowles, Gregory J." <gbowles@...> wrote:

      I suggest we all direct this energy towards preparing good community impact statements to assure the actions of Mr. King (Suspect - Raymond King, 7-4-1989) and his to be arrested accomplice are not out doing this again too soon…

      Respectfully,
      Greg