Fw: DDOT DC (@DDOTDC) replied to one of your Tweets!

  • Sandrine Chebou
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2012
      Mr. Lisle
      We, residents of the Gateway Community (Woodridge) are desperately petitioning DDOT for action regarding the installation of speed bumps throughout the community.  Our petitions are for the installation of speed bumps on the 3000/3100 blocks of Douglas, Channing, Adams, and the 2400 block of 30th Street.
      Our association president Delano Hunter initially submitted the petitions mid-August of 2011.  In mid-December 2011, Ms. Janet Drew who has been working very closely with Mr. Hunter inquired about the status and was informed that our petitions were never received.  Ms. Drew then immediately resubmitted the petitions via pdf and received confirmation that they had been received.  We received a letter dated Feb 6, 2012 that a speed survey would be conducted and that we would be advised upon completion.
      Our point of contact has been Ms. Connie Wheeler.  Ms. Wheeler informed us that Mohammad Ullah is responsible for handling our request.  Mr Ullah has been non-responsive to both Ms. Wheeler and Ms. Drew, and as of last week, Ms. Wheeler informed us that the speed survey was on the horizon…this is unacceptable!
      We are conveniently located between major roads (South Dakota Avenue, Bladensburg Road, and New York Avenue just to name a few), and are unfortunately subjected to drivers far and wide speeding through our neighborhood at unimaginable speed.  While we cannot prevent our streets from being a thoroughfare, we are simply requesting speed bumps to ensure the safety of taxpaying citizens and our children.  Tell me, does it take a lost life for our voices to be heard?
      We will vigorously continue to pursue action, as we humbly beseech your assistance in this matter.

      Respectfully,

      Alarmed Neighbors of the Gateway Community