Re: [MPD-5D] gunshots on lyman pl ne

  • jason caddell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
      captain aurigemma,

      thank you for the update.

      my understanding is that they found a significant number of spent casings. is that incorrect?

      there have been multiple raids in this area over the past several weeks, on M St and down 21st St in carver terrace, including armored police vehicles in carver terrace. this level of concentrated activity seems unusual for this area, at least during the past three years that i've lived here.

      is it possible for you or one of your colleagues to elaborate on this increase for residents on the list who live in or near this area?

      thank you,

      jason

      sent from my thumsb

      On Apr 12, 2012, at 4:07 AM, "Aurigemma, Daniel (MPD)" <daniel.aurigemma@...> wrote:

      On Apr 11, 2012, at 12:10 AM, MPD members responded to the area. The members thoroughly canvassed the area and did not find anything. Thank you, Captain Aurigemma.

      Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Emancipation Day!
      x201C;Commemorating the Struggle for Freedom, Justice and Equalityx201D;
      Monday, April 16, 2012 x2013; District of Columbia Official Holiday x2013; Parade, Festival, Fireworks

      Learn more at
      www.emancipation.dc.gov

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
        Additionally, Commander Solberg, Captain Brown et al., Commissioner Henderson and I will commence a walk through to speak with neighbors regarding recent events and overall safety on Friday. You are welcome to join us; I will send you an email.

        Kathy Henderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
          I will attend depending on the time and other scheduled commitments.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012

            Good morning Jason,

            We did in fact recover numerous shell casings during a re-canvass of the area yesterday morning.  There have been no reports of property damage as a result of this incident, and as previously stated, no injuries to citizens.

            This area has been designated by Chief Lanier as part of the Summer Crime Initiative.  I will be the team leader for this area which also encompasses the majority of the Langston Carver and Rosedale areas.

            During this initiative you will observe an increase in police presence and activity.  Our goal is to be proactive in our enforcement efforts and therefore, you should not immediately equate the present or future police presence with a criminal incident.  In our attempt to increase the security comfort of the citizens of this area, we will use a variety of strategies to include those you have enumerated below.

            Please feel free to contact me at any time regarding this initiative or any other matters of concern.

            Thank You

            Capt. J. Brown

            5th District

            (202) 698-0121

            Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Emancipation Day!
            “Commemorating the Struggle for Freedom, Justice and Equality”
            Monday, April 16, 2012 – District of Columbia Official Holiday – Parade, Festival, Fireworks

            Learn more at
            www.emancipation.dc.gov