FW: Traffic Advisory The National Cherry Blossom Festival and Parade
Contact: Officer A. B. Clay (202) 727-4383
April 11, 2012
Street Closures for the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade
On Saturday, April 14, 2012, the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade will take place in the District of Columbia from approximately 10:00 am to 12:30 pm. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures and parking restrictions that motorists should take into consideration.
The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade
The following street will be closed for rehearsal on Saturday, April 14, 2012 beginning at 5:00 am.
- 7th Street between Independence Avenue, SW & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade road closures will begin at 9:00 am with the parade beginning at 10:00 am:
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 7th Street to 17th Street, NW
- There will be no access to 14th street or 12th Streets from the freeway
- No traffic will flow north or south crossing the route
- All roads are expected to reopen by 2:00 pm.
The above streets will be closed to motorists during the specified date and times.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with this event, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.
Note: The surrounding areas and streets leading to these events may be closed or affected as well.