Traffic Alert! NB I-295 Lane Closures (Sunday Morning)

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2012
      From: DC HSEMA Alert <hsema301107@...>
      To: DC RSAN Recipients <rsan@...>
      Sent: Sat Mar 31 19:54:24 2012
      Subject: I-295 Lane Closures

      Lane Closures on Northbound I-295 Sunday for Police Investigation

      Northbound Lane Closures Scheduled from Approximately 7 am – 10 am

      The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is scheduled to close northbound lanes on I-295 this Sunday, April 1, to conduct a crash investigation. MPD anticipates beginning the lane closures just south of Exit 3A (South Capitol Street) at 7 am on Sunday, and the investigation is expected to take approximately 3 hours.

      Police plan to first close the left and center lanes, leaving the right lane open for through traffic. Then the center lane and the right lane will be closed and traffic will be directed to use the left lane.

      Traffic delays are likely and motorists are advised to consider using alternate routes Sunday morning.

      Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
      “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org