Mendelson to Hold Tax Town Halls

  • celeste.duffie
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2012
      Washington, DC - Councilmember Phil Mendelson (D-At-Large) announces two town hall meetings that will focus on the District's recently announced tax assessments. The workshops are designed to both address declining assessments as well as help taxpayers understand and utilize the appeal process.

      "Although we are seeing slight increases in assessments in some parts of the city, we are also seeing some declines," said Councilmember Mendelson. "We have scheduled this year's townhalls to address those concerns."

      Representatives from the District's Office of Tax and Revenue will join Councilmember Mendelson at each of the workshops to answer questions and offer assistance. This year's workshops will mark the eighth consecutive year that Mendelson has held such meetings.

      Residents have until April 2, 2012 to begin the appeals process if they believe the proposed 2013 assessment does not reflect the market value of their property.

      Upcoming Tax Workshops!

      Thursday, March 29th – Congress Height/ Anacostia
      7th District Police Department
      2455 Alabama Ave, SE at 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

      Saturday, March 31st – Chevy Chase
      Chevy Chase Recreation Center
      5601 Connecticut Ave, NW at 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.