Photos, License Plates, etc.

  • dc_20002_citizen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2006
      Our neighborhood (1200 block of 16th Street, Trinidad) has improved drastically in the year-and-a-half that I have bought my house. However, I have some questions about how we can continue the improvement.

      1. Would it help if we sent/posted photos and license plates of the trouble makers in the neighborhood? It seems like when we call the police, the officers do a very good job of moving the trouble makers (along with their noise, cursing, littering, and loitering). However, the officers don't have any way to associate the drugdealers/trouble makers with their cars.

      2. Is there any law that prohibits loitering in a residential neighborhood? The problem is that sometimes they stand in front of someone's house for hours making noise, littering, etc. and then they claim that they are visiting someone in the neighborhood. Can officers at least check their IDs?

      3.  Who can we call when we see elementary school children playing outside during the day when they should be in school?

      Thank you.

    • Caro Alcuaz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2006
        I have called 311 several times about people who look like they are high-school age or younger outside on school time and just pacing back and forth in a certain area.  I just made a call today and a policeman came by.  Use the term TRUANCY or TRUANT  VIOLATION, I think the dispatcher will get the idea.  Also, give a detailed description of the subject.

      • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2006

          Policing for Prevention