Re: [MPD-5D] South Dakota Park--ward 5

  • Debbie Smith-Steiner
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2012
      Good Morning,

      This information and request has made it to DPR.  Someone will inspect/rectify the problem before days end.

      Positive change is right around the corner!

      On Mar 26, 2012, at 9:29 AM, "Toni Webb" <jumpcator1@...> wrote:

      Good Morning Director Green,
      I am writing to solicit your help in directing concerns about a brand new playground that is now overrun with trash and overgrown grass--all in the span of a few weeks.

      Residents of the Gateway community have voiced concerns about disruptive and illicit behaviors, which Ward 5 MPD is addressing, but park clean up by DPR has not occurred since the park opened in December 2011. Unfortunately, now that the weather is warming up and more people are accessing it, the South Dakota playground(bordering South Dakota and Channing Streets NE) is quickly becoming a cesspool of litter, overflowing garbage and high grass; not at all inviting to families of the community.

      Your help in directing us to a point person would be greatly appreciated. We are very eager to collectively keep our park and playground clean, but we need assurances from DPR that our efforts will be supported by a consistent clean up schedule on their part.

      PLEASE HELP US KEEP THIS PARK BEAUTIFUL!

      Sincerely,

      Concerned Gateway Community Residents

      Sent from my iPad