Hi, I'am a new member

  • spooonie79
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2006
      I ATTENDED THE MEETING LAST NIGHT @MMWHS. I THINK THAT THE MEETING WAS
      WELL ATTENDED,ALTHOUGH I HEARD ALOT OF THE SAME ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN
      ADDRESSED & UNRESOVLED. I THINK MORE POLICE ON FOOT TALKING TO
      NEIGHBORS& NEW RESIDENTS CAN GIVE US A SINCE OF PRESENCE..LOOKING
      FORWARD TO THE NEXT MEETING 5/18/2006
    • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2006

        Good Afternoon All,

        I would like to thank the community for your hospitality at Wednesday’s meeting held at Margaret Murray Washington, a special thanks to Mrs. Paul and Mr. Alcuaz for the support given to MPD (passing out flyers, obtaining a meeting space for the community meeting, collecting questions from residents, staying late to allow community dialogue with MPD Officials).

        Lt. Wright gave an overview of events that occurred on Monday.  He also answered questions from the community about other Police activity currently in place in the area.  Residents were also able to speak one on one with Commander Greene, Captain West, and the Lieutenant after the meeting about their individualized concerns.  The Commander remained on site until all who wanted to or needed to talk with her were able to do so.

        I spent the better part of Thursday following up on specific concerns and suggestions from our neighbors on ways to improve our PSA.  Our neighbors are working on forming problem-solving groups to address the lack of recreation, summer diversion programs, and employment for the youth in the community.  Still others are interested in forming groups to address the negative impact of non-residents and the influx of folks attending the methadone clinic (i.e. hanging out on corners).  Please plan to attend the next PSA 501 (west) meeting scheduled for May 18, 2006 at Saint Martin 's Church, Community room @ 7:00 PM

        With Focused Law Enforcement (Police actions that help communities reclaim an area from on-going crime and disorder), Neighborhood Partnerships (collaboratively apply resources to incidents to prevent them from happening over and over again), and Systemic Prevention (collaboration with other justice agencies, human services providers to address the underlying causes and conditions of crime and disorder) - Our community can target a problem, understand the issues, create a plan, take action / review our progress and finally Celebrated and Create a Lasting Community Presence.  See you at the next PSA Community Meeting.

        (Housekeeping)

        I have written questions from the residents in attendance at Wednesday’s meeting.  Expect responses from Lieutenants Welch and Wright in up coming e-mails.

        Fayette Vaughn-Lee

        5D Community Outreach Coordinator

        fayette.vaughn-lee@...

        202 698-0188