Fwd: [Brookland] Mentoring Fair this Evening - Let's use action to improve our community

  • Debbie Smith-Steiner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012

      Positive change is right around the corner!

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "dcdonutlovers" <dcdonutlovers@...>
      Date: February 27, 2012 11:05:42 AM EST
      To: Brookland@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Brookland] Mentoring Fair this Evening - Let's use action to improve our community

      Tonight, Greater DC Cares is hosting a Mentoring Fair.

      Only 43% of high school students in the DC area graduate from high school, and only 9% go on to graduate from college within 5 years after that. Just by becoming a mentor-- with no special skills needed except a willingness to be there-- you can help to change that statistic before it becomes the life story of more of our community's youth.

      You can sign up for one of over 20 programs that will help improve the lives of the city.

      Washington Post Conference Center
      1150 15th Street, NW
      Washington, DC 20005
      Registration 6:30 - 7pm
      Fair - 7 - 8pm
      More indepth discussions - 8 - 8:30pm

      We have spent countless emails on this listserv discussing the community and what's fair regarding a debate. Let's take that same energy and get from behind the computer screen and use just one hour a week to really improve it!

      One hour a week will change someone's life.

      -Damali on 12th