Re: [MPD-5D] Robberies and silver car last night

  • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 11:25 AM
      Thanks Commander.  I will pass this along to my neighbors here in the vicinity of these incidents.

      Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" wrote:

      On Tuesday, January 31, at about 11 pm, there were two robberies that we believe involve two suspects in a four door, silver car.

      Shortly before 11 pm, a person saw a man trying to remove a temporary license plate from a car in the 200 block of N St. , NW.  The suspect fled and jumped into a shiny silver car.

      Minutes later, there was a robbery in the 1500 block of 4th St ., NW, during which two men wearing ski masks robbed victims at gunpoint before leaving in a silver car.

      Immediately after that, a man was robbed at gunpoint near 3rd and P Sts., NW, by two masked suspects.  The man did not see the suspects leave in a car, but he did see a silver car with tinted windows stop just before he was robbed and then leave quickly right after the robbery.

      We ask that anyone who may have seen any part of any of these incidents please call us at 202-727-9099 with additional information.  We also ask that if anyone is familiar with a silver car, possibly with tinted windows, that frequents this area, they call and provide us with additional information about where we might locate the car.

      At a crime meeting yesterday, Chief Lanier told her command staff that fighting robberies is a top priority for the MPD in 2012.  We made great progress in driving down crime in 2011, and we are devoting a lot of resources to combating robberies this year.

      We believe that the community can assist us in this fight by:

      keeping cell phones, i-pads, i-phones, smart phones, and all other electronic items out of sight as you walk;

      staying alert to your surroundings at all times;

      keeping your car doors locked while pumping gas;

      and, perhaps most importantly, calling 911 to report ANY suspicious activity in your neighborhood.

      Thank you,

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Join Mayor Gray at the One City Summit on February 11, 2012
      Let Your Voice Be Heard – Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city – for everyone.
      Open to all DC residents
      Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

    • Geovani A Bonilla
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 7:25 PM

        I have posted the information on our blog and website batesareacivicassociation.org

        Thank you.

        Geovani A. Bonilla

        Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov