January's Report: DC Guardian Angels.

  • John Ayala
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
      *Community Patrols MPD 4D*

      We have partnered up with MPD 4D. We will have Guardian Angels foot patrol
      in a few areas around the Petworth Metro Station. The goal is for the Guardian
      Angel patrols is to be a deterrent and to report any crime we see to the
      police and any quality of life issues to DC Government Services. We will
      also be talking to youth in the area that are 16 years old and up about
      joining our team and donating their time and energy to help protect the
      community by making young people part of the solution, rather than casting
      them as part of the problem, The Guardian Angels empowers youth to take
      pride in their communities and contribute to the safety of their
      neighborhoods.

      *Metro Trains *

      The Guardian Angels provided 126 hours of patrol on the DC metro. Most of
      our patrols are on the Green Line train from Gallery Place to Congress
      Heights. We also patrol the Anacosita, Congress Heights, L'Enfant Plaza
      and Gallery place platforms. When we are on the trains, we come across many
      youth that have too much energy and, sometimes, we just ride with them until
      they leave the metro. This helps deter fights and crime. Many riders thank
      us for patrolling the trains. We will try our best to keep patrols on the
      train as much as we can. I can be difficult, because the Guardian
      Angels have to pay fares to patrol to help keep the riders feeling safe. On
      January 3rd, the Guardian Angels were in the Anacosita Metro station when a
      report came out that a male was fighting his girlfriend. The Guardian
      Angels and Metro police went to the platform, saw the suspect and female
      victim. The police detained the suspect and Guardian Angels help secure
      the area until more metro police arrived.

      *Events MPD 7D*

      The DC Guardian Angels Help plan, organize and participated in the Martin
      Luther King, Jr parade. We had a wonderful time. This was a very big parade
      and the Guardian Angels are happy we were a part of the event.

      *Free Self Defense Training*

      The Guardian Angels are in need of new members. If you are above the age
      of 15 and can patrol 4 hours a week after school, work or weekends and
      enjoy getting involved in community events come join us. We will provide
      you with free self defense training and some street smarts.
      Volunteer Community Hours provided in DC this month

      Metro Patrols - 126
      Community Foot Patrols - 76
      Community Events - 60

      John "Unique King" Ayala
      DC Chapter Leader/East Coast Director
      Alliance Of Guardian Angels/DC Chapter
      1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
      Washington, DC 20005
      202-359-0601
      http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/
      <http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/>
      <http://www.guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/>

      http://facebook.com/washingtondcguardianangels
      http://twitter.com/dcguardianangel

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GweL-O4__2Q&feature=related

      www.youtube.com/3rdrail1988
    • John Ayala
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        Debbie,

        You're welcome. We will have patrols back on the MBT this spring and are looking for people to come out and ride with us. We had a great time with the residents from 5D that came out twice a week to help make the trail a safer place for activities. We also enjoy our walks with the Hanover/Bates residents at First & O street, NW on Thursday evening. The residents there are fantastic.

        John [Unique] Ayala