President Obama's State of the Union Address (Traffic Advisory)
- Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Transportation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, January 23, 2012
Media Contacts: Kimberly Schneider (U.S. Capitol Police) – 202-224-1677, pio@...
Monica Hernandez (DDOT) – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...
Street Closures for President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address
Street Closures Will Start at 7:00 p.m. Tomorrow Night
(Washington, DC) – The U.S. Capitol Police has provided the following information for President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address that will take place in the U.S. Capitol at approximately 9:00 p.m. tomorrow, January 24, 2012.
Restricted Access – Capitol Square
The Capitol Square<file:///\\Uscp-wsh-nas01\us\KASCHNEIDER\State%20of%20the%20Union\2012_SOTU_Campus_Map.pdf> will be restricted to event credentialed authorized pedestrians only beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
The U.S. Capitol Police will put the following street closures affecting vehicular traffic into effect on January 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. and will lift these street closures when this event has concluded:
North Side of Capitol Square
* D Street, NE between 2nd Street, NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
* C Street, NE between 2nd Street, NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
* Constitution Avenue between 2nd Street, NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
* Delaware Avenue between Columbus Circle and Constitution Avenue, NE
* New Jersey Avenue, NE between Louisiana Avenue, and D Street, NE
* Pennsylvania Avenue between 1st Street, and 3rd Street, NW
* East Capitol Street between 2nd Street, and 1st Street, NE/SE
* 1st Street between Columbus Circle, NE and C Street, SE
* 1st Street between Louisiana Avenue, NW and Washington Avenue, SW
South Side of Capitol Square
* Maryland Avenue, SW between 1st Street, and 3rd Street, SW
* Independence Avenue between 2nd Street, SE and Washington Avenue, SW
* C Street between 1st Street, SE and Washington Avenue, SW
* Delaware Avenue between Washington Avenue, SW and C Street, SW
* New Jersey Avenue between Independence Avenue, and D Street, SE
* South Capitol Street between Independence Avenue and D Street, SE/SW
Public and staff-led tours will be suspended at noon on January 24, 2012. The Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) will also close at noon. Tours will resume on a normal operational schedule on Wednesday, January 25.
Tour Bus Rerouting
Tour buses will be rerouted from First Street between Constitution Avenue, NW and Independence Avenue, SW to Third Street, between Constitution Avenue, NW and Independence Avenue, SW for passenger drop off and pick up for this event.
If there are any questions about these events or security procedures, please contact the United States Capitol Police Public Information Office at 202-224-1677.
For additional traffic advisories please visit DDOT’s Traffic Alerts<http://ddot.dc.gov/DC/DDOT/On+Your+Street/Traffic+Management/Live+Traffic+Reports> page or visit goDCgo.com<http://godcgo.com/> for more information on transportation options in the District
Join Mayor Gray at the One City Summit on February 11, 2012
Let Your Voice Be Heard – Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city – for everyone.
Open to all DC residents
Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov