Robbery Arrest

  • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 11, 2012

      Good Afternoon,

      On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at approximately 6:20pm, an individual was standing in the 2400 block of Benning Road, Northeast , when he was approached and subsequently robbed of his property by three individuals.  There no weapon involved and there were no injuries sustained to the victim. After the offense, the suspects fled the scene prior to the arrival of MPD.

      The complainant was able to provide the officers with the last known location he observed the suspects.  After further investigation, two juveniles were located and placed under arrest for the robbery.  The third suspects made good his escape and is also believed to be a juvenile.

      The Fifth District Detective’s Office will continue its investigation into the identity of the remaining subject.

      Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
      “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

    • L White
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 11, 2012
        Thanks for giving the details of this event.
        Lisa White,
        ANC Commissioner SMD 7D01 Kingman Park

        On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at approximately 6:20pm, an individual was standing in the 2400 block of Benning Road, Northeast , when he was approached and subsequently robbed of his property by three individuals.  There no weapon involved and there were no injuries sustained to the victim. After the offense, the suspects fled the scene prior to the arrival of MPD.

        The complainant was able to provide the officers with the last known location he observed the suspects.  After further investigation, two juveniles were located and placed under arrest for the robbery.  The third suspects made good his escape and is also believed to be a juvenile.

        The Fifth District Detective’s Office will continue its investigation into the identity of the remaining subject.

        Join Mayor Grayx2019;s One City x2022; One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
        x201C;Putting District Residents Back to Work x2013; One Hire at a Timex201D;
        Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

      • Manlapaz, Wilfredo (MPD)
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 10, 2012

          On Friday, February 10, 2012, at approximately 6:00 P.M., 5D officers were at 10th and Kearney Sts, NE, where they observed a robbery in progress. After a brief foot chase the officers were able to apprehend the suspect. The victim did not sustain any injuries during the robbery.

          Wil Manlapaz

          Captain

          Metropolitan Police Department

          Fifth District

          1805 Bladensburg Rd NE

          Washington, DC 20002

          (O) 202-698-0118

          (C) 202-327-4371

          e-mail: wilfredo.manlapaz@...

          Join Mayor Gray at the One City Summit on February 11, 2012
          Let Your Voice Be Heard – Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city – for everyone.
          Open to all DC residents
          Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

        • b_on_t
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 10, 2012
            Great job! Thanks to the officers involved.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Manlapaz, Wilfredo (MPD)" <wilfredo.manlapaz@...> wrote:

            > On Friday, February 10, 2012, at approximately 6:00 P.M., 5D officers were at 10th and Kearney Sts, NE, where they observed a robbery in progress. After a brief foot chase the officers were able to apprehend the suspect. The victim did not sustain any injuries during the robbery.
            >
            > Wil Manlapaz
            > Captain
            > Metropolitan Police Department
            > Fifth District
            > 1805 Bladensburg Rd NE
            > Washington, DC 20002
            > (O) 202-698-0118
            > (C) 202-327-4371
            > e-mail: wilfredo.manlapaz@...
            >

            > Join Mayor Gray at the One City Summit on February 11, 2012
            > Let Your Voice Be Heard - Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city - for everyone.
            > Open to all DC residents
            > Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummit.dc.gov>

          • Debbie Smith-Steiner
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 10, 2012
              Fantastic job guys!  That's our MPD 5D - taking care, to make are streets safer.  Thank you always

              Positive change is right around the corner!

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 11, 2012
                Thanks Debbie!

                Andy Solberg

                Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

                Fantastic job guys!  That's our MPD 5D - taking care, to make are streets safer.  Thank you always

                Positive change is right around the corner!

                On Feb 10, 2012, at 10:59 PM, "b_on_t" <b_on_t@...> wrote:

                Great job! Thanks to the officers involved.

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Manlapaz, Wilfredo (MPD)" <wilfredo.manlapaz@...> wrote:

                > On Friday, February 10, 2012, at approximately 6:00 P.M., 5D officers were at 10th and Kearney Sts, NE, where they observed a robbery in progress. After a brief foot chase the officers were able to apprehend the suspect. The victim did not sustain any injuries during the robbery.
                >
                > Wil Manlapaz
                > Captain
                > Metropolitan Police Department
                > Fifth District
                > 1805 Bladensburg Rd NE
                > Washington, DC 20002
                > (O) 202-698-0118
                > (C) 202-327-4371
                > e-mail: wilfredo.manlapaz@...
                >

                > Join Mayor Gray at the One City Summit on February 11, 2012
                > Let Your Voice Be Heard - Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city - for everyone.
                > Open to all DC residents
                > Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummit.dc.gov>

              • carol fleming
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
                  Great Work!

                  Carol Fleming
                   New PSA 504

                  Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

                • khenderson029@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 13, 2012
                    What is the suspect's name?

                    Kathy Henderson

                    From: carol fleming <ward5cfleming@...>
                    Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:52:55 -0800 (PST)
                    To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery Arrest

                    Great Work!

                    Carol Fleming
                     New PSA 504

                    Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 13, 2012

                      The suspect is a juvenile, and we therefore cannot release his name.

                      Andy Solberg

                      From: carol fleming <ward5cfleming@...>

                      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

                      Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:52:55 -0800 (PST)

                      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

                      Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov

                    • Brown, Jeff (MPD)

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 25, 2012
                            Yes he is assigned to the Fifth District.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 25, 2012
                              Thanks for posting these updates and for the regular posting of the crime and arrest reports! Having some sort of closure, or at least status, on crimes like these committed in our area is extremely helpful and it definitely reminds me to keep an eye out for things.

                              I realize you can't cover every single incident, but I think I can speak for all when I say we appreciate your efforts to keep 5D residents informed. Thanks and "bravo zulu" to all the officers out there taking care of the neighborhood.

                              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Brown, Jeff (MPD)" <Jeff.Brown@...> wrote:

                              > On Saturday morning at approximately 12:15 am, officers of the Fifth District apprehended an individual for an Attempted Robbery in the 600 block of Rhode Island Ave NE.
                              >
                              > The two complainants who had just exited the metro were approached by the suspect who demanded their money. An officer on patrol in the area was alerted of the offense and quickly intervened and placed the suspect in custody.
                              >

                              > Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
                              > “Putting District Residents Back to Work â€" One Hire at a Time”
                              > Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

                            • Durand, Gary (MPD)
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 2, 2012
                                At approximately 0405 hrs a subject approached an individual in the 300 block of Florida Avenue N.W.  The subject stated he had a gun and demanded cash.  The individual complied and the subject fled on a bicycle.  A look-out was broadcast and after a brief foot chase members of the Fifth District Midnight Shift apprehended the subject.  He was positively identified and charged with Robbery Fear

                                Gary Durand
                                Lieutenant
                                Fifth District

                                Download DC311 and Start Reporting Today!
                                With the new DC311 free smartphone app, reporting an issue to 311 is now easier than ever.
                                Currently available in the iTunes App Store and in the Android Marketplace.
                                Learn more at
                                www.ouc.dc.gov

                              • Geovani A Bonilla

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 23, 2014
                                    Greetings!  A woman on the Met Branch Bike Trail was assaulted and robbed earlier this evening.  Due to the rapid response of Mountain Bike Officers a subject was stopped and identified as the perpetrator.  The woman was uninjured.  Because the offender is a juvenile we can not release information on the offender.

                                    Gary Durand
                                    Lieutenant
                                    1805 Bladensburg Road NE
                                    Washington DC 20002
                                    202-489-4181

                                    Reason #14: Enroll now so you can relax on the beach later! Learn the 13 other reasons why you should return your enrollment forms to DC Public Schools right now by visiting dcps.dc.gov/enroll

                                  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 23, 2014
                                      Great work 5D.

                                      Cathy L. Lanier
                                      Chief of Police
                                      Metropolitan Police Department
                                      Washington, DC
                                      (202) 727-4218

                                      On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:40 PM, "'Durand, Gary (MPD)' Gary.Durand@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      Greetings!  A woman on the Met Branch Bike Trail was assaulted and robbed earlier this evening.  Due to the rapid response of Mountain Bike Officers a subject was stopped and identified as the perpetrator.  The woman was uninjured.  Because the offender is a juvenile we can not release information on the offender.

                                      Gary Durand
                                      Lieutenant
                                      1805 Bladensburg Road NE
                                      Washington DC 20002
                                      202-489-4181

                                      Reason #14: Enroll now so you can relax on the beach later! Learn the 13 other reasons why you should return your enrollment forms to DC Public Schools right now by visiting dcps.dc.gov/enroll

                                    • kl
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 23, 2014
                                        Lt. Durand,

                                        Could you please provide the location on the MBT where the assault occurred?

                                        Thanks,

                                        kl

                                        Sent from my fone.

                                        On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:38 PM, "'Durand, Gary (MPD)' Gary.Durand@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                        Greetings!  A woman on the Met Branch Bike Trail was assaulted and robbed earlier this evening.  Due to the rapid response of Mountain Bike Officers a subject was stopped and identified as the perpetrator.  The woman was uninjured.  Because the offender is a juvenile we can not release information on the offender.

                                        Gary Durand
                                        Lieutenant
                                        1805 Bladensburg Road NE
                                        Washington DC 20002
                                        202-489-4181

                                        Reason #14: Enroll now so you can relax on the beach later! Learn the 13 other reasons why you should return your enrollment forms to DC Public Schools right now by visiting dcps.dc.gov/enroll

                                      • commanderporter5d
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 23, 2014
                                          Hello ,

                                          The address of the offense is the 300 block of R Street, NE.
                                        • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 9, 2014

                                            At 6:32 pm today in the 1800 block of D Street NE a woman was walking home from work, when she was approached by five to six males and robbed at gun point.  MPD members quickly arrived on the scene, and arrested an individual.

                                            Lieutenant Corinne Hughes

                                            Metropolitan Police Department

                                            Fifth District

                                            Manager of PSA 503

                                            office (202) 698-0273

                                            cell (202) 615-6803

                                            Each One Give One – Take part in the DC One Fund Annual Giving Campaign. Visit DCOneFund.org and make a pledge to support local nonprofits.

                                          • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 17, 2014

                                              On December 16, 2014, at 5:45 pm an individual was walking Northbound on 3rd St NE, when two black males approached and demanded money.  One male displayed a black handgun.  The victim complied and handed over her cell phone.  The two males fled the scene on foot north bound through a park.  The two males were then observed by MPD officers on the east side of 315 Franklin St NE.  After a brief foot chase both males were taken into custody. Recovered from one of the males, was a black in color pellet gun.

                                              Great job, Fifth District evening officers!!!!

                                              Lieutenant Corinne Hughes

                                              Metropolitan Police Department

                                              Fifth District

                                              Manager of PSA 503

                                              office (202) 698-0273

                                              cell (202) 615-6803

                                            • Stephanie A. Robinson
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Dec 17, 2014
                                                Thank you MPD-5 for pursuing, apprehending, and arresting  them.

                                                Great police work!

                                                Stephanie

                                                Stephanie "The One"

                                                "Ask questions; question answers." - Unknown

                                                Sent from my iPhone

                                                On Dec 17, 2014, at 1:46 PM, 'Hughes, Corinne (MPD)' corinne.hughes@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                                On December 16, 2014, at 5:45 pm an individual was walking Northbound on 3rd St NE, when two black males approached and demanded money.  One male displayed a black handgun.  The victim complied and handed over her cell phone.  The two males fled the scene on foot north bound through a park.  The two males were then observed by MPD officers on the east side of 315 Franklin St NE.  After a brief foot chase both males were taken into custody. Recovered from one of the males, was a black in color pellet gun.

                                                Great job, Fifth District evening officers!!!!

                                                Lieutenant Corinne Hughes

                                                Metropolitan Police Department

                                                Fifth District

                                                Manager of PSA 503